This easy-to-make strawberry cobbler is loaded up with fresh strawberries and topped with a sweet vanilla cake. It’s a crisp crust on the outside and is soft and buttery on the inside. Top with some vanilla ice cream for the ultimate treat!
If you like this strawberry cobbler recipe, then make sure you check out some more delicious strawberry recipes like this strawberry tart, this yummy strawberry galette, and also this strawberry rhubarb pie.
What is a Cobbler?
A cobbler is a dessert that has fresh fruit and a biscuit-like topping. Since you drop the biscuit dough on top of the fruit, it gives a cobbled appearance when it’s done baking. I like to use a ¼ measuring cup and just spoon the batter on top of the fruit. Strawberries are my all-time favorite fruit. So this strawberry cobbler is one of my favorite things to make every year!
This strawberry cobbler comes together quickly and easily too. The strawberries are mixed with some lemon juice, cornstarch, and a bit of sugar which creates that wonderful strawberry sauce on the bottom of the dish. And the biscuit topping is my all-time favorite. It’s more of a cake than a biscuit. It’s so soft and buttery inside, but it still gets that crisp crust on the outside like a biscuit.
Ingredients in Fresh Strawberry Cobbler
If you have strawberries on hand, then this is a MUST-MAKE recipe! It’s so delicious and the perfect dessert for any occasion! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Strawberries: I use fresh strawberries so that I can get a brighter taste.
- Sugar: This sweetens up the strawberries.
- Cornstarch: This will thicken up the filling.
- Lemon Juice: You can use fresh lemon juice or lemon juice from a bottle. Whichever you prefer.
- Sugar: I love the sweet flavor that the sugar adds to the topping.
- Flour: I used all-purpose flour for this recipe.
- Salt: This enhances all of the flavors in the topping.
- Baking Powder: This makes the cobbler light and soft.
- Vanilla Extract: A splash of vanilla adds in some great flavor.
- Milk: I used one percent milk, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
- Butter: I used unsalted butter in this recipe.
How to Make Strawberry Cobbler
Cobblers can be made with so many different fruits, but this strawberry cobbler is definitely a favorite of mine. It’s a great recipe for the end of summer going into fall. Then you can start making peach and apple cobblers!
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make Strawberry Mixture: Add the diced strawberries to a two-quart ceramic baking dish or a deep pie dish. Then, add the sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Stir to coat the strawberries in the mixture. Let sit while preparing the cake topping.
- Combine: In a large bowl, add the sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Pour: Pour in the milk, vanilla extract, and melted butter.
- Spoon Batter: Spoon the batter over the top of the strawberries.
- Bake: Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes until the top is crispy and golden brown.
- Top and Serve: Serve cobbler warm or room temperature. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whip cream for a special treat!
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries?
Absolutely! Just set the strawberries in the fridge overnight to let them thaw before using them for this strawberry cobbler. If you have a ton of fresh berries on hand now, you can always freeze them and use them later to make this yummy recipe! Then you can bake this all year long.
How to Store Strawberry Cobbler
This dessert makes delicious leftovers! You can eat it warm or cold and enjoy it for a few days afterward. That is if you can make it last that long!
- In the Refrigerator: Let the cobbler cool, and then place it in an airtight container. Store it in your fridge, and it will last for about 4-5 days.
- To Reheat: When you are ready to eat it, you can eat it cold, or you can cover it will foil and then reheat it in the oven at 325 degrees for about 10-20 minutes, or until heated through!
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add the diced strawberries to a two-quart ceramic baking dish or a deep pie dish. Then, add the sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Stir to coat the strawberries in the mixture. Let sit while preparing the cake topping.
In a medium size mixing bowl, add the sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir to combine.
Pour in the milk, vanilla extract, and melted butter.
Spoon the batter over the top of the strawberries.
Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes until the top is crispy and golden brown.
Serve cobbler warm or room temperature. Top with ice cream for a special treat!
Updated on September 1, 2022
Calories323kcal (16%)Carbohydrates58g (19%)Protein4g (8%)Fat9g (14%)Saturated Fat5g (25%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat2gTrans Fat0.3gCholesterol24mg (8%)Sodium269mg (11%)Potassium393mg (11%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar39g (43%)Vitamin A292IU (6%)Vitamin C45mg (55%)Calcium142mg (14%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Leave a Reply